Decluttering Your Home
Have you ever looked around at your home and felt overwhelmed? Are your closets bursting with clothes you don’t wear? Has the garage and basement turned into poorly maintained storage facilities? It may not be a hoarder’s level of crazy in your home but maybe you recognize that some things need to go. As overwhelming as the clutter is, decluttering can make you feel the same way. We’re here to guide you through it and have your home feeling like yours again!
The benefits of decluttering your home are:
· Less to clean
· Less to organize
· Less stress
· Less debt
· More energy for your passions
Rome wasn’t built in a day, and that’s how we feel about junk removal. Windsor home maintenance doesn’t have to get done all at once. Start with 30 minutes a day and pick a room to focus on. Before you get to decluttering, create a sorting system that will make the process easier on yourself. Get 4 boxes and label them as “Keep”, “Trash”, “Give Away” and “Store”.
1. Start with giving one item away every day. This method would remove 365 items every year from your home. You can up this number whenever you feel comfortable.
2. Donate clothes you never wear. We all have those clothes we hold on to in hopes of fitting into them again or maybe an occasion will arise where we can wear them. If it’s been months since you’ve worn certain items, donate them! If you want to make some extra cash, you can always save them and hold a garage sale.
3. Add a shelf or two. This helps move homeless items up and out of the way.
4. Sort clothes by season. No room in your closet? Buy some bins and start packing them!
5. Buy some baskets or bins. These give your space a minimalist look and keeps your belongings close by.
6. Manage your paper trail. Lots of clutter is due to mail, flyers, bills and invoices left all over the house. Get a file folder and create a system to neatly organize every paper.
7. Junk removal services. For spaces such as your garage or basement. Junk removal services are great to help get rid of big or heavy items.
8. Keep a damp rag or cleaning wipes nearby. As you declutter, it wouldn’t hurt to get rid of dust bunnies and collected dirt.
9. Buy a labeler. Or use tape and a marker to label things you decide to store to keep track of them.
PDQ 4U offers junk removal services to help Windsor residents maintain their homes. We understand that in the midst of living your day to day lives, clutter collects, and items get thrown around without a second thought. We’re here to help you clear the chaos and get rid of the anxiety that clutter induces. Your home is your sanctuary!